First Use in Text:
Based on the work of Spencer, Davidson, and White, the "Occupational Therapy Practice Framework: Domain and Process" (American
Occupational Therapy Association [AOTA], 2014) describes spiritual activities and expression as "activities that allow a sense of
connectedness to something larger than oneself or that are specially meaningful" (p.S22).
Subsequent Use in Text:
Based on the work of Spencer, Davidson, and White, the "Occupational Therapy Practice Framework: Domain and Process" (AOTA, 2014)
describes spiritual activities and expression as "activities that allow a sense of connectedness to something larger than oneself or that are
specially meaningful" (p.S22).
American Occupational Therapy Association. (2014). Occupational therapy practice framework: Domain and process.
American Journal of Occupational Therapy, 68(Suppl. 1), S1–S48. http://doi.org/10.5014/ajot.2014.682006
Citation Guide Books
- Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association by American Psychological Association StaffCall Number: REF BF76.7 .P83 2010 - kept at the Service DeskPublication Date: 2009-07-15From the Publisher: In addition to providing clear guidance on grammar, the mechanics of writing, and APA style, the Publication Manual offers an authoritative and easy-to-use reference and citation system and comprehensive coverage of the treatment of numbers, metrication, statistical and mathematical data, tables, and figures for use in writing, reports, or presentations.
- AMA Manual of Style by Cheryl Iverson (Editor); Stacy Christiansen (Editor); Annette Flanagin (Editor); JAMA and Archives Journals Staff (Editor)Call Number: REF R119 .A533 2007Publication Date: 2007-03-15Table of Contents: Types of articles -- Manuscript preparation -- References -- Visual presentation of data -- Ethical and legal considerations -- Editorial assessment and processing -- Grammar -- Punctuation -- Plurals -- Capitalization -- Correct and preferred usage -- Non-english words, phrases, and accent marks -- Medical indexes -- Abbreviations -- Nomenclature -- Eponyms -- Greek letters -- Units of measure -- Numbers and percentages -- Study design and statistics -- Mathematical composition -- Typography -- Manuscript editing and proofreading -- Glossary of publishing terms -- Resources.
Online Citation Guides
- Purdue Online Writing LabThis is one of the best citation guides on the internet. According to the website: APA (American Psychological Association) is most commonly used to cite sources within the social sciences. This resource, revised according to the 6th edition, second printing of the APA manual, offers examples for the general format of APA research papers, in-text citations, endnotes/footnotes, and the reference page. For more information, please consult the Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association, 6th edition, second printing.
- APA Citation Style 6th EditionThis is a libguide that was done by Red Deer College Library. Links on the right side of the page are especially useful for finding more information and examples about the APA format including an APA 6th Edition Checklist. There are also links to PDF documents on "How to Create a Hanging Indent" and "Inserting a Running Head" in Windows 2010.
- APA Citation Style 6th Edition - stylesheetAnother simple and effective handout from Kent State University on the proper format for APA style for creating a bibliography.
- CLIC Plagiarism TutorialCLIC (Cooperating Libraries In Consortium) offers a simple tutorial with concise explanations and practical exercises. Be sure to check out the link at the top of the page that sends you to "Plagiarism: Avoid the Consequences" for a handy list of the problems with plagiarism.
- You Ouote It, You Note It!From the Vaughan Memorial Library at Acadia University: "Why should I bother with this tutorial?
Glad you asked.
Plagiarism is a big deal, and it’s not something you want to find out about
the hard way.
It could get you dismissed from the university!
Researching ethically is also researching efficiently: not only will you learn how to avoid plagiarism, but you’ll also pick up some good research tips too."
- Avoiding Plagiarism"To avoid plagiarism, all students must document sources properly using Footnotes, Endnotes, or Parenthetical References, and must write a Bibliography, References, or Works Cited page and place it at the end of the research paper to list the sources used. Of the three ways to document sources - Footnotes, Endnotes, and Parenthetical References, the simplest is using Parenthetical References, sometimes referred to as Parenthetical Documentation or Parenthetical Citations.."
Bibliographic Database Management Sources
- Citefast"Citefast formats your bibliographies and title pages, in APA 6th edition, MLA 7th edition and Chicago 16th edition. Hover over (the question mark) for citation tips. We are constantly upgrading the website to conform to the most recent citation guidelines. To make your task easier we have recently added new functionality.
- EasyBib"EasyBib is an intuitive information literacy platform that provides citation, note taking, and research tools that are easy-to-use and educational. EasyBib is not only accurate, fast, and comprehensive, but helps educators teach and students learn how to become effective and organized researchers. "
APA Citation Style Tutorial
- Basics of APA style Online TutorialAccording to the website: This tutorial is designed for those who have no previous knowledge of APA Style®. It shows users how to structure and format their work, recommends ways to reduce bias in language, identifies how to avoid charges of plagiarism, shows how to cite references in text, and provides selected reference examples.